In a landmark event at Dr Ambedkar International Centre, Vice-President Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar launched the nationwide campaign ‘Hamara Samvidhan, Hamara Samman’ to mark India’s 75th year as a Republic. The initiative seeks to reinforce commitment to constitutional principles, fostering pride and responsibility among citizens.
Nyaya Setu and Legal Empowerment
The Vice-President introduced Nyaya Setu, a transformative initiative extending legal services to the last mile. Under the ‘Hamara Samvidhan Hamara Samman’ campaign, efforts focus on legally empowering marginalized communities, ensuring their access to justice. Minister of State Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal highlighted the campaign’s role in asserting rights and accessing justice for marginalized groups.
DISHA Achievement and Collaborative Endeavors
The event unveiled the achievement booklet of the Access to Justice Scheme, ‘Designing Innovative Solutions for Holistic Access to Justice’ (DISHA). Notably, DISHA’s Tele Law Programme has connected millions for pre-litigation advice. Additionally, collaborations with Bhashini and IGNOU were formalized, breaking language barriers in justice accessibility and enhancing educational opportunities for paralegals.
Important Questions Related to Exams
- What is the primary goal of the ‘Hamara Samvidhan, Hamara Samman’ campaign?
- How does Nyaya Setu contribute to legal services in India?
- What historical milestone does the event commemorate?
- What is the significance of 24th January in constitutional history?
- How many citizens has the Tele Law Programme under DISHA connected for pre-litigation advice?
- What are the key components of the ‘Hamara Samvidhan, Hamara Samman’ campaign?
Kindly share your responses in the comment section!!