Vyas Samman 2022
Vyas Samman 2022: Pagalkhana, a 2018 satirical novel by renowned Hindi author Dr. Gyan Chaturvedi, has been chosen for the 32nd Vyas Samman. Dr. Chaturvedi’s Pagalkhana (mental hospital) was chosen for the prestigious Vyas Samman by a selection committee led by distinguished author Prof. Ramji Tiwari.
The KK Birla Foundation founded the annual Vyas Samman in 1991, which is awarded to a superb piece of Hindi literature authored by an Indian citizen and published within the previous ten years. A 4 lakh rupee award is offered. The KK Birla Foundation established the Saraswati Samman, the Bihari Puraskar, and the Vyas Samman in addition to these awards. The Saraswati Samman, worth Rs. 15 lakh, is awarded to an outstanding literary work written by an Indian citizen in one of the languages listed in Schedule VIII of the Indian Constitution, and published within a 10-year period. The Bihari Puraskar, worth Rs. 2.5 lakh, is given to Rajasthani Hindi/Rajasthani authors.
About the Dr. Gyan Chaturvedi
- Dr. Chaturvedi, who was born on August 2, 1952, in the Jhansi region of Uttar Pradesh, is a well-known authority on cardiovascular illness in Madhya Pradesh. After more than 30 years of service, he just announced his retirement as the hospital’s director.
- In 2015, Dr. Chaturvedi was given the Padma Shri, India’s fourth-highest civilian honour. In addition to the Delhi Academy Award and the Indu Sharma International Katha Samman, he has also received the Madhya Pradesh government’s Sharad Joshi Samman for excellent achievement in the fields of satire and essay.
- The 71-year-old has so far released thousands of satirical works. His debut book, Narak-Yatra (journey to hell), which was based on the medical science education system in India, was an instant success with Hindi readers.
You may also read this:
- Oscars Awards 2023 Offically Announced: Check the complete Winner List
- Oscars awards 2023: RRR’s “Naatu Naatu” wins Best Original Song