WhatsApp has appointed former Amazon executive Manesh Mahatme as a director to lead the growth of its payments business in India. As Director, WhatsApp Payments-India, Mahatme will focus on enhancing the payments experience for users, scaling the service and work towards contributing to the messaging app’s vision of digital and financial inclusion in India.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- WhatsApp Founded: 2009;
- WhatsApp CEO: Will Cathcart (Mar 2019–);
- WhatsApp Headquarters: Menlo Park, California, United States;
- WhatsApp Acquisition date: 19 February 2014;
- WhatsApp Founders: Jan Koum, Brian Acton;
- WhatsApp Parent organization: Facebook.