12th World Hindi Conference: According to P S Kartigeyan, the Indian High Commissioner to the South Pacific island, Fiji will host the famous World Hindi Conference for the first time next year as a new platform for the globalisation of Hindi. The governments of India and Fiji decided together to host the World Hindi Conference in Fiji.
12th World Hindi Conference: Key Points
- Over 1,000 experts in the Indian language, including academics, writers, and laureates, would attend the three-day conference in the Fijian city of Nadi with the goal of promoting Hindi around the world.
- The Indian and Fijian governments will co-host the event, according to P S Kartigeyan, who was appointed the island nation’s High Commissioner in January 2021.
- Speaking on the event’s schedule, he stated that approximately 1,000 delegates from all over the world will attend. He claimed there were a significant number of people from Fiji as well as from important Hindi-speaking nations worldwide.
- In Fiji, Hindi holds a very important significance. Fiji-Hindi is one of the three official languages, and because the Girmit brothers and sisters immigrated here 130 years ago, it has a very distinct history.
- Karthigeyan further appreciated the role that Fijian academics played in the advancement of Hindi not only in Fiji but also throughout the world thanks to the Fijian diaspora.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Currency of Fiji: Fijian Dollar
- Capital of Fiji: Suva
- President of Fiji: Ratu Wiliame Katonivere