350th year of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s Coronation Day
Chhatrapati Shivaji, according to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, exemplified bravery, courage, and self-governance, serving as an inspiration to many. In his recent video message commemorating the 350th year of Shivaji Maharaj’s coronation ceremony, Modi lauded Shivaji’s coronation, which espoused the principles of Swaraj, and emphasized his role in ending a centuries-long mindset of subservience among India’s people.
Despite the difficulties posed by this deep-rooted mentality, Shivaji Maharaj instilled a belief in self-rule among ordinary citizens, inspiring confidence in the future.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s Coronation Day: Shivaji’s Principles
Modi highlighted the paramount importance Shivaji Maharaj placed on unity and integrity when ruling, echoing his dedication to the values of ‘Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat.’ Additionally, Modi praised Shivaji Maharaj’s visionary approach towards maritime expansion and management, demonstrated through the numerous forts he built that still stand proudly today.
The Prime Minister credited Shivaji for inspiring the Indian Navy’s recent emancipation from its colonial past, noting that the flag of the Indian Navy now bears Shivaji’s emblem instead of those of the British.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s Coronation Day: Shivaji’s Dream of India
- Finally, Modi emphasized his commitment to building an India in line with the dreams of Shivaji Maharaj, focused on good governance, self-reliance, and swaraj.
- He called for a collective realization of Shivaji Maharaj’s vision, echoing the need to complete the Amrit Kaal’s 25-year journey based on Shivaji’s values.
- The 350th anniversary of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s coronation was celebrated at the Raigad fort in Maharashtra.
- The event was attended by state Chief Minister Eknath Shinde and Deputy CM Devendra Fadnavis.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s Coronation Day According to Hindu Calendar
- According to the Gregorian calendar, the Maratha warrior king was crowned on June 6, 1674, at the Raigad fort, which became the foundation of “Hindavi Swaraj” or self-rule of Hindus.
- Meanwhile, according to the Hindu calendar, the anniversary of his coronation falls on June 2 this year.
- Various rituals including ‘jalabhishek’ were performed by Culture Minister Sudhir Mungantiwar to pay homage to the 17th-century king.
- Furthermore, Shivaji Maharaj’s descendants and a state police band also glorified his legacy.
- A helicopter rained flower petals over Shivaji Maharaj’s statue in the presence of his descendants.
- The state government has scheduled a week-long event to celebrate the king’s coronation anniversary at the fort.
Check: NEET Answer Key 2023