Thirty-nine schools from across the country were awarded the Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar for the 2021-2022 academic session by the Ministry of Education. The schools were selected from among a total of 8.23 lakh entries. Out of which 28 were government and aided schools and 11 were private schools.
39 Schools Awarded with Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar for 2021-22 – Key Points
- The awarded schools include two Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas, one Navodaya Vidyalaya, and three Kendriya Vidyalayas.
- The Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar honors the school that has taken exemplary work in the field of water, sanitation, and hygiene.
- It also provides a benchmark and roadmap for the schools to make further improvements.
- The schools are rated on six broad parameters of water, toilets, handwashing with soap, operation, and maintenance, behavioral change, and capacity building.
- Out of 39 schools 17 are elementary and 22 are secondary/higher secondary schools.
- 34 schools have been awarded a cash prize of ₹60,000 and ₹20,000 were awarded in the sub-categories.
- The third edition of the award saw participation from 9.59 lakh schools, around 1.5 times more than the number of schools participating in SVP 2017-18.
- Out of 9.59 lakh schools more than 8.23 lakh schools submitted their application for SVP 2031-22.