In Indore, Madhya Pradesh, 6 National Highway projects totaling 119 km and costing Rs. 2300 crore were formally opened and the foundation stone was laid by Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari. Speaking at the event, Shri Gadkari stated that the projects being launched will facilitate progress by improving connectivity in Indore and the state.
- Shri Nitin Gadkari said that the Rau Circle traffic problem will be solved and that things would become less congested. Craftspeople, students, and businesspeople in the surrounding areas will have increased chances with simple access from Indore.
- The villages in the Indore-Harda segment will be better connected to Indore. He stated that the expansion of the Dhar-Pithampur Industrial Corridor would result in more job opportunities.
- According to the Minister, travel times between Tejaji Nagar (Indore) and Burhanpur and Indore and Harda will be shortened, saving fuel. He claimed that travellers heading to Omkareshwar and Khandwa will have easy access to the routes.
- According to him, it will be simpler for agricultural products to reach the major market with improved connectivity to the agricultural markets.
- The State Government and NHAI signed a memorandum of understanding during this initiative to build ropeways at 14 designated locations in Madhya Pradesh.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways: Shri Nitin Gadkari