63 police officers from Maharashtra, Delhi, Punjab, Telangana, and Jammu & Kashmir have been awarded the ‘Union Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal’ for the year 2022. The award was given by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) for four special operations conducted by them in areas of terrorism, border actions, arms control, prevention of narcotics smuggling, and rescue operations.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
63 officers awarded with ‘Union Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal’- Key Points
- In total, 63 police officers have been awarded the special medal on the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- The officers belonged to Telangana, Punjab, Maharashtra, Delhi, and the Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The medals were awarded at the ‘Run For Unity’ event to mark the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- The ‘Union Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal‘ was constituted in 2018.
- It is conferred to state and union territory police forces, central police organizations, central armed police forces, and security organizations throughout India.
- The objective of the ‘Union Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal’ is to recognize those operations, which have a high degree of planning, and high significance for the security of the country/state/UT.
- Three special operations are considered for the award and in extraordinary circumstances.
- The award may be given to up to five Special Operations to encourage state/UTs Police.
- All recommendations for the award are sent to the MHA within three months of the special operations.