The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the extension of tenure of all members and the current part-time chairman of the Bank Board Bureau(BBB) by 2 years, which is coming to an end on April 11,2020. The former Secretary in the Department of Personnel and Training, Bhanu Pratap Sharma, will continue to hold the post of part-time member of the board.
Click Here To Get Test Series For SBI PO 2020
Other part-time members of the board:
- Vedika Bhandarkar, former MD (managing director) of Credit Suisse;
- P Pradeep Kumar, former MD of State Bank of India (SBI)
- Pradip P Shah, founder MD of rating agency CRISIL.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Headquarters of Banks Board Bureau: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- In February 2016, the government formed the Banks Board Bureau and was given the responsibility of deciding candidates for the top positions in public sector banks and financial institutions.