Agni Tattva campaign: Agni Tattva campaign to raise awareness under LiFE – Lifestyle for the Environment is now being carried out by Power Foundation of India in collaboration with Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA). The goal of this campaign, which involves educational institutions, local communities, and pertinent organisations, is to raise awareness of the central idea of Agni Tattva, one of the five elements of Panchmahabhoot and a symbol of energy. It will be done by holding conferences, seminars, events, and exhibitions across the nation.
Agni Tattva campaign first seminar under LiFE mission held: Key Points
- In Leh, the Agni Tattva campaign ‘s inaugural conference, with the topic “Sustainability and Culture,” was held.
- Agni Tattva campaign first seminar saw participation from influential figures from a variety of professions, including government, policymakers, academia, and start-ups, who work in the fields of energy, culture, and sustainability.
- Ladakh has tremendous solar energy potential that needs to be utilised.
- Ladakh should work on developing power-generating systems to reach inaccessible locations.
- The goal of Agni Tattva campaign is to reduce reliance on the grid by providing decentralised renewable solar electricity across Ladakh.
- The Prime Minister’s goal of creating a carbon-neutral Ladakh is consistent with this.
Ladakh Region Geothermal Energy Potential
- Another area of interest in the Ladakh region that has enormous potential is geothermal energy.
- It should be properly utilised since, unlike other renewable energy sources, which are intermittent in nature, it is accessible at all times of the day and year.
- Ladakh has a lot of sun energy, so green hydrogen is another alternative. Water is also present.
- The oxygen produced from this may be used by visitors and hospitals alike, and the hydrogen it produces might be used to replace gasoline and diesel.
- The Conference’s other distinguished speakers emphasised social behaviour and its effects on power demand, as well as sustainable building techniques, energy access for mountain locations, and these topics.
Agni Tattva campaign: Foundation
On September 21, 2022, Shri R K Singh, Union Minister of Power and New & Renewable Energy, in New Delhi, launched the Agni Tattva campaign – Energy for LIFE, a project under the umbrella campaign of Sumangalam. The campaign will include a series of seminars that will take place all around the nation. The Ministry of Power, Government of India, established the Power Foundation of India as a society with the help of notable CPSEs. The Foundation of Agni Tattva campaign engages in advocacy and research activities that have a positive influence on the changing energy landscape.
Agni Tattva campaign first seminar: Attendees
- Shri R K Mathur, the Ladakh Lieutenant Governor
- Ladakh MP, Shri Jamyang Tsering Namgyal
- Shri R K Singh, Union Minister of Power and New & Renewable Energy