Amazon India has engaged with the Railway of India to boost its delivery services in the country. Through this partnership, Amazon India will be able to transport packages on more than 110 inter-city routes, ensuring one to two-day delivery for its customer. Amazon began working with the Indian Railways in 2019. The company has increased its transportation lanes five-fold, it said.
About the Amazon India:
- Amazon is one of the enablers for the company to offer 1-day and 2-day delivery promises to customers in the hinterlands of the country. It is now working with Railways in more than 110 inter-city routes.
- Amazon India ferries customer packages to cities and towns such as Jharsuguda, Ratnagiri, Kurnool, Nanded, Bareilly, Bokaro, and Rudrapur among others.
- Amazon will pay a monthly rent of about Rs 3.57 crore, with periodic rental escalation, for a lease tenure of 21 years and six months. The lease agreement includes a rent-free period of 24 months, with a lock-in period of 15 years from the lease commencement date.
Important Takeaways for All Competitive Exams:
- Amazon Founder: Jeff Bezos;
- Amazon CEO: Andy Jassy;
- Amazon HQ: Seattle, Washington, United States;
- Amazon Formed: 5 July 1994.