Union Home Minister Amit Shah spent all day in Chandigarh where he inaugurated a symposium on drug trafficking and national security. Along with Shah, other speakers at the national conference included Banwarilal Purohit, the chief ministers of Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, the lieutenant governor of Jammu & Kashmir, and the Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- An official announcement states that Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) teams from Delhi, Chennai, Guwahati, and Kolkata will burn and dispose of more than 30,000 kg of drugs during the conference.
- The NCB launched its drug disposal campaign on June 1 and has since disposed of over 51,217 kg of drugs in 11 states.
- On the occasion of the 75th anniversary of Independence, the NCB pledged to burn 75,000 kg of drugs as part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.
- The Union Home Minister also attended a ceremony at Mauli Jagran to inaugurate three government schools.
- Shah attended the Har Ghar Tiranga and Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations at Sukhna Lake.
Important Takeaways for All Competitive Exams:
- Union Home Minister: Shri Amit Shah
- Chief Minister of Punjab: Shri Bhagwant Mann
- Chief Minister of Haryana: Shri Manohar Lal Khattar
- Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir: Shri Manoj Sinha