The Minister for Communications, Electronics & Information Technology and Railways, Ashwini Vaishnaw inaugurated AMRITPEX 2023 – National Philatelic Exhibition. This five-day Mahakumbh of Stamps is being celebrated from 11th February to 15th February 2023 and is being organized as a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav Celebrations.
The Minister of State for Communications, Devusinh Chauhan, Secretary, Department of Posts, Vineet Pandey, Director General Postal Services, Alok Sharma, and other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
AMRITPEX 2023 Inaugurated by Communications Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw – Key Points
- Ashwini Vaishnaw informed that under the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Postal department has transformed totally and has become a digital network for banking, service delivery, and social security payments network.
- He also emphasized the emerging role of stamps and philately in educating young minds about our rich culture, heritage, and history and to take pride in our roots.
- Devusinh Chauhan informed that AMRITPEX is the national platform to highlight and display the 5000 years old rich history and culture of this great nation.
- He also noted that under the visionary leadership of the Prime Minister, the trustworthy network of India Post has been revamped for doorstep delivery of financial services.
- The opening ceremony of AMRITPEX 2023 was attended by a large number of school students and philatelists from all parts of the country.
- The exhibition displays more than 20,000 exhibits under 13 competitive categories and invitees. A special section on Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav has also been included with encouraging participation by youth and budding philatelists.
- The Department of Posts also released a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- This stamp has been designed from the best entries of the national wide design competition in which more than 4 lakh students participated.
- This competition was organized at the Pan India level in partnership with the Department of School Education and the Ministry of Culture, Government of India. The national winners of this competition were also felicitated during the event.