Anahat Singh won the Girl’s U-15 squash title at British Junior Open Tournament. Anahat Singh was also one of the youngest players at the Commonwealth Games 2022. She won one of the most prestigious tournaments of the season in Birmingham, U.K.
Anahat Singh Crowned Girls U-15 squash Title at British Junior Open Tournament- Key Points
- Anahat Singh defeated Sohaila Hazem of Egypt by 3-1 in the finals of the Girls U-15 squash title at the British Junior Open Tournament.
- The British Junior Open is held in January every year in the UK in which all the best players from all over the world participate for the title.
- Anahat Singh is the most successful Indian player in the British Junior Open after winning this title.
- This was her third final at the Most Prestigious squash tournament in the world.
- Anahat Singh, has reached the finals in all her three appearances at the British Junior Open.
- Anahat won the Girl’s Under-11 title in 2019, and was runner-up in 2020 in Girl’s Under-13 category and won her British Junior Open, Girl’s Under-15 title.
- This year the British Open Junior was held after two years due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Top seed Anahat Singh secured her place in the finals against 3/4 seeded Malak Samir from Egypt by winning 3-0 in the semi-finals.
- In the quarter-finals, Anahat defeated Harleen Tan of Malaysia by 3-0.
- This is her first title of 2023 and she will next represent India in the Asian Junior Team Championship to be held in Chennai in February 2023.
- She also won the Scottish Junior Open held in Edinburgh, Scotland from 28th-30th December 2022 in the Under-17 category.