The Mahindra Group Chairman, Anand Mahindra has rolled out a project titled ‘Oxygen on Wheels’ to ease the transportation of oxygen from producing plants to hospitals and homes, following acute oxygen shortage amid a severe second wave of coronavirus. The ‘Oxygen on Wheels’ initiative will bridge the gap between oxygen production and its transportation in India, especially in Maharashtra.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Under the initiative:
- Mahindra has lined up around 70 Bolero pickup trucks to connect oxygen producers with hospitals and homes, to deliver oxygen cylinders.
- The project is being implemented through Mahindra Logistics.
- Apart from this, an operations control centre has been established and the storage location is replenished from the local refilling plant. A direct-to-consumer model is also being conceived.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Mahindra Group CEO: Pawan Kumar Goenka.
- Mahindra Group Founded: 2 October 1945, Ludhiana.
Find More Miscellaneous News Here