The Railways Minister Piyush Goyal has announced, India’s first cable-stayed Railways bridge “Anji Khad Bridge” to connects Katra and Reasi in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K). This bridge being developed by Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL). This bridge is as a part of the Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla Rail Link (USBRL) project.
The USBRL project also involves the Chenab river bridge. The Chenab Bridge once completed, will become the world’s highest rail bridge.
Boost your Banking Awareness Knowledge with Adda247 Live Batch: TARGET GA BATCH | Banking Awareness Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams
About Anji Khad Bridge:
- The total length of the Anji Khad Bridge is 473.25 metres.
- It has a single pylon, standing at a height of 331 metres above the river bed. The pylon had to be constructed in a vertical slope using micropiles of 40-metre depth all around the circumference of 20 metres well foundation.
- It has the support of 96 cables and has been designed to handle heavy storms of strong winds.
- It will have an integrated monitoring system by means of numerous sensors installed at various locations on the bridge.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Union Minister of Railways: Piyush Goyal.
- Konkan Railway Corporation Limited Chairman & Managing Director: Sanjay Gupta.
- Konkan Railway Corporation Limited Headquarter: Mumbai, Maharashtra.