Deepika Kumari, the former world No. 1 archer, demonstrated her exceptional talent and determination at the National Games by clinching two gold medals and one silver. The Asian Championships gold medal-winning shooter, Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar, also secured the top spot in the 50m rifle 3-positions event.
Deepika Kumari’s Golden Streak
- Deepika Kumari, representing Jharkhand, began her medal rush with a gold in the women’s individual archery category.
- She later paired with Mrinal Chauhan to secure the top podium finish in the mixed team archery category.
Jharkhand’s Women’s Team Claims Silver in a Hard-Fought Battle Against Haryana
- In the women’s team event, Deepika Kumari and her Jharkhand teammates managed to win silver, albeit in a closely contested battle.
- Unfortunately, they lost to Haryana in a shootout, but their remarkable performance throughout the competition was commendable.
Archery at the National Games
- The archery events at the National Games came to an exciting conclusion, with a distribution of gold medals.
- Table-toppers Maharashtra, third-placed Haryana, and Assam joined the winners’ circle in the recurve archery category, showcasing the competitive spirit and excellence in the sport.
Medals Tally So Far
- Maharashtra currently leads the medal count with an impressive 68 gold medals. Services and Haryana follow closely in second and third place, with 54 and 50 gold medals, respectively.
Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar’s Shooting Excellence
- Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar in the 50m rifle 3-positions event managed to outshine Niraj Kumar of Services to win the gold medal.
- Services’ Chain Singh, who had topped the qualifying rounds, secured the bronze medal.
Vijayveer Sidhu Dominates the Men’s 25m Rapid-Fire Pistol Event, Winning Gold for Punjab
- In the men’s 25m rapid-fire pistol event, Vijayveer Sidhu, representing Punjab, showcased his shooting prowess by clinching the gold medal.
- Haryana’s Anish Bhanwala and Adarsh Singh secured the silver and bronze medals, respectively, adding to the excitement in the shooting competitions.
Judo and Other Highlights
- In the field of judo, Delhi athletes shone brightly, winning three out of the eight gold medals up for grabs.
- Manipur also made their presence felt by bagging two gold medals.
- The remaining three gold medals were claimed by Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, and Punjab, demonstrating the diversity and depth of talent in the sport.
Football Semifinal Showdown
- In the highly anticipated football competition, Services defeated Kerala 4-2 in the first semifinal, earning a well-deserved spot in the title round.
- They will face Manipur, who secured their place by beating Punjab 2-1 in an intense matchup.