Vijayakumar Menon dies at 76: Vijayakumar Menon, a 76-year-old art critic and fine arts scholar who passed away, was honoured by hundreds of art lovers in his city. He had been receiving therapy for kidney illness. At the Vyasagiri Ashram, where he had resided for the previous 32 years, and later at the Kerala Lalithakala Akademi, his body was held so that members of the public could pay their respects.
Vijayakumar Menon dies at 76: Key Points
- As per Vijayakumar Menon request, his body was given to the Amala Medical College Hospital.
- According to Amala hospital sources, Vijayakuma Menon had already submitted the necessary paperwork in 2010 to donate his body for medical research.
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan expressed his sorrow at Menon’s passing.
- The Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Akademi and Kerala Lalithakala Akademi both expressed their condolences for his passing.
About Vijayakumar Menon:
- Vijayakumar Menon had written numerous works on art and was a professor of art at various universities.
- Adhunika Kaladarsanam, Ravivarma Padanam, Bharathiya Chitrakala-Irupatham Noottandil, and Bharathiya Lavanya darsanavum Kala Parasparyavum are some of his well-known works.
- Vijayakumar Menon adapted a lot of plays from other languages into Malayalam.
- He received numerous honours, such as the Kerala Lalithakala Akademi prize for the finest art book, the Kerala Sahitya Akademi prize for academic writing, the Kesari Puraskaram prize, and the Gurudarsanam prize.