India beat Sri Lanka by 10 wickets in the final of the Asia Cup 2023 on September 17, 2023 at the R. Premadasa Stadium in Colombo. It was India’s eighth Asia Cup title overall, and their first since 2018. Sri Lanka won the toss and elected to bat first. Sri Lanka bowled out for just 50 runs, the lowest total in an Asia Cup final. Mohammed Siraj was the pick of the Indian bowlers, taking 6 wickets for 21 runs. In reply, India chased down the target in just 6.1 overs without losing a wicket. Ishan Kishan scored 23 runs off 18 balls, while Shubhman Gill scored 27 runs off 19 balls.
India’s victory was a comprehensive one, and it was a fitting end to a successful tournament for them. They had topped the group stage with a perfect record, and they had beaten Sri Lanka twice in the tournament, including in the final. India’s victory in the Asia Cup 2023 was a morale-booster for the team ahead of the ODI World Cup 2023, which will be held in India later this year.
Asia Cup Final 2023, Match Summary
- SL 50 (15.2)
- IND 51/0 (6.1)
Asia Cup 2023 Full List Of Award Winners
- Asia Cup 2023 Winner- India (8th title) (Prize Money- $1,50000)
- Asia Cup 2023 runner-up- Sri Lanka (Prize Money- $75,000)
- Asia Cup 2023 Man of the Tournament- Kuldeep Yadav (Prize Money- $15,000)
- Asia Cup 2023 most runs- S Gill (302)
- Asia Cup 2023 Man of the Match (Final) – Mohammed Siraj ( Prize Money- $5000)
- Asia Cup 2023 most wickets- M Pathirana (SL)- 11