Assam Chief Minister, Himanta Biswa Sarma has launched the ‘Vidya Rath -School on Wheels’ project. This project aims at providing economically challenged underprivileged children to access elementary education for a period of 10 months. The project was launched at a function held at the premises of Gauhati High Court in Assam.
What is the Vidya Rath-School project?
- The Vidya Rath-School on Wheels will reportedly provide access to elementary education to underprivileged children for 10 months. After 10 months, the children will be integrated into the conventional system of education.
- Children will be provided with uniforms and textbooks and free-mid day meals under the project. Students will be provided free mid-day meals, uniforms and textbooks under the project.
- The stakeholders involved in the project are the Government of Assam, Assam State Legal Services Authority, Guwahati High Court Legal Services Committee, District Legal Services Authority Kamrup (Metro), Assam State Transport Corporation, and Assam Sarba Siksha Mission, GMDA, and several NGOs.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Assam Capital: Dispur;
- Assam Chief Minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma;
- Assam Governor: Prof Jagdish Mukhi.