Assam government has launched a new scheme called “Dhanwantari” for home delivery of medicines. The patients can send their prescriptions over the telephone or inform the health workers and the health department will ensure that it is delivered to them even if it is not in the list of available free medicines. This is the largest outreach programme taken up by any state government at this point of time.
Important facts of the Dhanwantari scheme:
- Under the scheme, locally unavailable medicines due to the lockdown shall be delivered to patients at home.
- The patients will not be charged if it is less than Rs 200 but if it is more than that, it will be charged.
- Health workers will deliver medicines for patients.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Capital of Assam: Dispur; CM of Assam: Sarbananda Sonowal.
- Governor of Assam: Jagdish Mukhi.