The Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management – Kerala (IIITM-K) has developed an AI Semantic search engine called ‘Vilokana’, which in Sanskrit means ‘finding out’.
This search engine enables researchers to get deeper insights into scientific studies, especially when they need to find an early solution to the COVID-19 crisis. The search engine is developed by a team led by A.P. James, Professor at Centre for Artificial General Intelligence and Neuromorphic Systems (neuro GI), IIITM-K.
How does “Vilokana” search engine work?
- The search engine will guide the researchers to the proper information in no time.
- The user can supply key-words based queries, the meaning of which the search engine are going to be ready to understand and find the relevant text from the scientific papers.
- The user also has the choice to upload any scientific text for analysis, which can be used for sentiment analysis and knowledge discovery.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management- Kerala (IIITM-K) established in 2000.
- Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management- Kerala (IIITM-K) Director: Saji Gopinath.