Uttar Pradesh Cabinet has approved the Atma Nirbhar Krishak development scheme for boosting the agriculture sector. Atma Nirbhar Krishak development scheme will be implemented from the current financial year. Under this scheme, 1,475 Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs) will be formed in the next three years in each development block.
Under the scheme:
- The scheme will provide a long-term debt financing facility for investment in viable projects for postharvest management infrastructure and community.
- Rs 1 lakh crore will be provided by banks and financial institutions as loans to Primary Agricultural Credit Societies, Marketing Cooperative Societies, Self Help Groups, farmers, and joint liability groups.
- All loans will be provided with an interest subvention of 3 per cent per annum up to a limit of Rs 2 crore. The scheme will be funded through the Agriculture Infrastructure Fund(AIF).
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- UP Capital: Lucknow;
- UP Governor: Anandiben Patel;
- UP Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath.