Australia has announced a grant of Rs 81.2 million (AUD 1.4 million) under the Indo-Pacific Oceans Initiative (IPOI). IPOI was proposed by Indian Prime Minister Modi at the East Asia Summit in November 2019 and Australia is co-leading New Delhi in the marine ecology pillar of the initiative.
About the partnership:
- The initiative will help to support a free, open and prosperous Indo-Pacific.
- The Australia-India Indo-Pacific Oceans Initiative Partnership forms the core of this “shared vision” of both countries.
- To apply for the grant, the company or organization should be located in either India or Australia and have partners in either of the two countries.
- Up to $350,00 is anticipated to be available for allocation in 2020-21. All applications will be assessed on a competitive basis.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Australia Capital: Canberra.
- Australia Currency: Australian dollar.
- Australia PM: Scott Morrison.