BBC Releases 100 Most Influential Women’s List:
The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) has published the list of 100 most influential women in the world and has included women from several areas such as politics, science, sports, entertainment, and literature. The BBC’s 100 most influential women’s list also includes four Indians: Actress Priyanka Chopra Jonas, author Geetanjali Shree, engineer and astronaut Sirisha Bandla, and social worker Sneha Jawale.
The annual list celebrates the achievements of women internationally, from grassroots volunteers to global leaders, and is used by BBC to focus on women’s experiences around the world through a dedicated series of interviews, documentaries and features. For the first time this year, the BBC asked some of the previous ‘100 Women’ to nominate women they feel deserve a place on the 2022 list.
Some of the notable names included in the BBC 100 most influential women’s lists:
- European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen,
- Barbados Prime Minister Mia Mottle,
- Ukraine’s First Lady Olena Zelenska,
- Music star Billie Eilish,
- Actress and disability activist Selma Blair,
- Iranian climber Elnaz Rekab who recently made waves in Iran for competing in South Korea without wearing a headscarf.
- From sport, Iranian climber Elnaz Rekab who recently made waves in her home country for competing in South Korea without wearing a headscarf.
- Tunisian tennis star Ons Jabeur who became the first Arab or African woman to reach a Grand Slam final in the Open era.
About the BBC Releases 100 Most Influential Women’s List:
The BBC most influential women’s list is celebrating its 10th season, as well as the 90th anniversary of the BBC World Service and the centenary of the BBC. The theme for 100 Women’ in 2022 is progress and the related set of programmes for the season will take the opportunity to look back at what’s changed over the past decade, as well as highlighting the inspiring women who have made a difference.