Bhagwani Devi Dagar, a 94-year-old Indian sprinter, won the gold medal in the 100-meter sprint at the Tampere, Finland, World Masters Athletics Championships. She finished first in the gold with a timing of 24.74 seconds and took home the bronze in shot-put. For competitors 35 years of age and older, the World Masters Athletics Championships is a competition organised in the sport of track and field.
Hardeep Singh Puri, Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs, tweeted his congratulations to Bhagwani Devi. The 94-year-native old’s Haryanans, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar and Governor Bandaru Dattatreya, also expressed their congratulations. Khattar said that at 94 years old, she is now a source of encouragement for everyone. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, and Union Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal also congratulated Bhagwani Devi Dagar by tweeting their congratulatory messages to her on the social media platform.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs: Shri Hardeep Singh Puri
- Union Commerce Minister: Piyush Goyal
- Chief Minister of Haryana: Shri Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor of Haryana: Shri Bandaru Dattatreya
- Delhi Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal