MCQs on States and Capitals of India
India has 28 states and 8 Union Territories, and all these states and UTs hold a huge amount will f heritage and culture. India gained its independence on 15th August 1947 after a long fight for freedom. This MCQ quiz about States and capitals will help the students prepare for competitive exams to know more about every state and its capital. This will also make it easier for them to learn about the States and their capital.
1. Which state has three capitals?
c) Jammu and Kashmir
d) Andhra Pradesh
Solution 1: d) Andhra Pradesh
2. Kavaratti is the capital of which State or Union territory?
a) Andhra Pradesh
d) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Solution 2: c) Lakshadweep
3. Which is the capital of Odisha
d) None of these
Solution 3: b) Bhubaneshwar
4. Which capital is known as “Summer Capital”?
Solution 4: c) Srinagar
5. What is the Capital of Sikkim?
d) None of the above
Solution 5: b) Gangtok
6. What is the Capital of Gujarat?
Solution 6: c) Gandhinagar
7. Which of the following is the capital of ‘God’s own country ‘?
Solution 7: c) Thiruvananthapuram
8. Which capital is the center of India?
Solution 8: d) Nagpur
9. Which capital is known as the ‘Tiger Capital of India’?
Solution 9: c) Nagpur
10. Port Blair is the capital of which Union Territory?
b) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
c) Daman and Diu
Solution 10: b) Andaman and Nicobar Islands