‘Eat Right Station’ certification 2022:
The Food Safety and Standard Association of India (FSSAI) awarded Bhopal Railway Station a 4-star ‘Eat Right Station’ certification for providing ‘“high-quality, nutritious food to passengers”. Railway stations are awarded the certificate after an FSSAI-empaneled third-party audit agency rates them on a scale of 1 to 5 for food storage and hygiene practices.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the certification:
- The certification is part of the ‘Eat Right India’ movement- a large-scale effort by FSSAI to transform the country’s food system to ensure safe, healthy and sustainable food for all Indians.
- Chandigarh Railway station was the fifth Indian railway station to receive a 5-star ‘Eat Right Station’ certification in September 2021.
- The other railway stations with this certification include Anand Vihar Terminal Railway Station; (Delhi), Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus; (Mumbai), Mumbai Central Railway Station; (Mumbai), and Vadodara Railway Station.
- Eat Right India adopts a judicious mix of regulatory, capacity building, collaborative, and empowerment approaches to ensure that our food is suitable both for the people and the planet.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- FSSAI Chairperson: Rajesh Bhushan.
- FSSAI Chief Executive Officer: Arun Singhal.
- FSSAI Founded: August 2011.
- FSSAI Headquarters: New Delhi.