Bihar Government starts caste survey
Caste surveys have been started by the Bihar government in several regions of the State. Nitish Kumar, the chief minister, made it clear that only castes, not subcastes, as well as the economic standing of each household, would be categorized.
Bihar Government starts caste survey: Key Points
- The enumerators will also speak with residents of other states.
- Each family’s economic situation would be properly noted in the survey.
- The Chief Minister of Bihar Nitish Kumar explained that the caste census would help determine what steps should be taken to improve the lot of the underprivileged sections.
- The procedure will cost the State government 500 crore rupees from its contingency reserve.
In how many phases does the caste survey be conducted?
In the first stage, every household in the State will be tallied and recorded. The second phase of the survey, which will run from April 1 through April 30, will collect information on the households’ occupants, their castes, and their socioeconomic standing. The survey will be closed on May 31, 2023. A total of five lakh employees have been hired to complete the project.
Important Takeaways for All Competitive Exams:
- Bihar Chief Minister: Nitish Kumar
- Bihar Capital: Patna
- Governor of Bihar: Phagu Chauhan