The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) and IIT Roorkee signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the establishment of a ‘BIS Standardization Chair Professor’ at IIT Roorkee. This would be the first time BIS created a Standardization Chair in an Institute for activities related to standardisation and conformity assessment. It will aid in the establishment of standards on crucial areas such as IIT’s BlockChain applications for e-governance.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) is proud to announce its collaboration with the illustrious IIT Kanpur in the development of standards.
- It will aid in the establishment of standards on crucial areas such as IIT’s BlockChain applications for e-governance.
- The MoU will help the country’s research, development, teaching, and training in the field of standardisation and conformity assessment, with a focus on civil, electrical, mechanical, chemical, and earthquake engineering, as well as the development and management of water resources and renewable energy projects, infrastructure development, medical biotechnology and nanotechnology, biotechnology, biomaterials, and other fields.
- This will also assist in sensitising students to the ways in which standards can stimulate and facilitate innovation, as well as training students to be more equipped for future professional difficulties.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Bureau of Indian Standards Director-General: Pramod Kumar Tiwari.
- Bureau of Indian Standards Founded: 23 December 1986.
- Bureau of Indian Standards Headquarters: Manak Bhawan, Old Delhi.
Find More News Related to Agreements