Shikhar Dhawan, an Indian cricketer, announced a partnership with Web3 metaverse startup WIOM and financial firm Bliv.Club to build the first sports city in the metaverse. It is planned to have a launch in September. The global sports market is anticipated to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 41.3 percent, from $354.96 billion in 2021 to $501.43 billion in 2022. At a CAGR of 9%, the sports market is anticipated to reach $707.84 billion in 2026.
- The global metaverse market is projected to develop at a compound annual growth rate of more than 45.8 percent from 2022 to 2030, reaching a market value of over $1,803 billion.
- Shikhar Dhawan was inspired by this to establish a sports metropolis in the Metaverse.
- The Da-One group of businesses, which focuses on sports, technology, startup ecosystems, and entertainment, was recently established by him.
- Cricket stadiums, a sportsplex where spectators may enjoy watching sports, a sports cafe, gym, e-sports zone, cottages, running tracks, a 3D immersive sports museum, a sports library, an arena for other sports, and more will be found in this soon-to-be-opened sports city.
- In addition to the aforementioned, fascinating partnerships with additional well-known sports figures and sports communities are upcoming.
An online sports city:
Cricket stadiums, a sportsplex for watching games, a sports cafe, a gym, an e-sports area, cottages, running tracks, a first-of-its-kind 3D immersive sports museum, a sports library, an arena for other sports, and more will be found in the yet-to-be-launched multidimensional sports city.