Supreme Court (SC) Collegium led by the chief justice of India, Sharad Arvind Bobde has recommended the appointment of new Chief Justices for the Bombay, Orissa and Meghalaya High Courts (HC).
Click Here To Get Test Series For SBI PO 2020
|S. No.||Name||High court|
|1||Dipankar Datta||Bombay High Court|
|2||Biswanath Somadder||Meghalaya High Court|
|3||Mohammad Rafiq||Orissa High Court|
- Justice Dipankar Datta, presently a judge at the Calcutta High Court. He replaces the current Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court Bhushan Dharmadhikari.
- Justice Biswanath Somadder, presently a judge at the Allahabad High Court. He will replace Mohammad Rafiq.
- Justice Mohammad Rafiq, presently a Judge at the Meghalaya High Court. He will replace Sanju Panda as Chief Justice of Orissa High Court.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde took oath as the 47th Chief Justice of India.
- Supreme Court established: 28th January 1950.