CAG GC Murmu selected as external auditor of ILO
The International Labour Organization (ILO), Geneva has chosen the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) to serve as its external auditor for a four-year term from 2024 to 2027, the apex auditor announced. The CAG is Girish Chandra Murmu.
CAG GC Murmu selected as external auditor of ILO: Key Points
- The Supreme Audit Institute of the Philippines, the current external auditor of ILO, will be replaced by CAG.
- The CAG provided specifics, stating that ILO had established a panel for the nomination of an external auditor and had requested proposals from the Superior Audit Institutions (SAIs).
- The ILO selected three Supreme Audit Institutions (India, Canada, and United Kingdom) for technical presentations based on their technical expertise and other factors.
- A three-person team from CAG of India presented their strengths, methodology, and skill set to the ILO’s tripartite selection panel in Geneva, along with their extensive expertise auditing international organisations.
- The CAG’s strategy for creating a strategic partnership with ILO, through which it seeks to support ILO in achieving its goals while retaining crucial independence and oversight in carrying out the duties of the external auditor, impressed the selection panel.
The World Health Organization (2020-2023), Food and Agriculture Organization (2020-2025), International Atomic Energy Agency (2022-2027), Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (2021-2023), and Inter Parliamentary Union are currently being externally audited by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (2020-2022).
CAG: Important Takeaways
- CAG Full Form: Comptroller and Auditor General of India
- CAG of India: Girish Chandra Murmu