Home   »   Economy and Finance   »   NPS rule change: Know all the...

NPS rule change: Know all the changes for subscribers from April 1, 2023

NPS rule change

The National Pension System (NPS), a market-linked, defined contribution plan run by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA), provides residents with affordable social security. Both companies and employees make contributions to this low-cost, tax-efficient plan.

Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams

NPS rule change: Key Points

  • The PFRDA has mandated that users upload certain papers starting on April 1, 2023.
  • The action is intended to make annuity payments after leaving the NPS quicker and easier.
  • The organisation stated in a circular dated February 22, 2023, “The upload of the papers shall be necessary with effect from 1st April 2023 in the interest of Subscribers and to benefit them with the prompt payment of annuity income.”

Ease in NPS Withdrawal Procedure

  • The PFRDA eliminated the requirement to complete a separate proposal form to select the annuity after leaving the pension fund last year in an effort to simplify the withdrawal process for NPS subscribers.
  • The pension board had indicated that the withdrawal form filed by NPS subscribers will be considered as a proposal for an annuity.
  • You should be aware that an NPS subscriber must currently use at least 40% of the entire accrued corpus to buy an annuity plan when it matures. One can withdraw the remaining 60% of the NPS corpus all at once.

Changes for NPS subscribers from FY24:

The PFRDA has requested that the following papers be uploaded to the appropriate Central Record Keeping Agency (CRA) user interface by the subscribers and any connected nodal offices, POPs, or corporate. Those papers are:

  • A NPS exit/withdrawal form, proof of identity and residence as stated on the withdrawal form, evidence of a bank account, and a copy of the PRAN card are all required.
  • The new regulation will go into effect on April 1 of the next fiscal year, 2023.
New pension scheme vs old pension scheme, Find out which is better?

Exit Request Processing by Subscriber (Govt./Non-Govt.) – Paperless Mode

  1. a) The subscriber will log into the CRA system and start an online exit request.
  2. b) The subscriber is shown the pertinent notifications regarding e-Sign/OTP authentication, nodal office/POP authorization of the request, etc. at the moment the request is initiated.
  3. c) Information from the NPS account will automatically be filled in at request initiation, including address, bank information, nominee information, etc.
  4. d) The subscriber will choose the annuity parameters, fund allocation %, and lump sum amount.
  5. e) Online bank account verification will be used to verify the subscriber’s bank account (if it is registered with CRA) (penny drop facility).
  6. f) When submitting an exit request, the Subscriber is required to upload KYC documents (identification and address proof), a copy of their PRAN card or ePRAN, and bank documentation.
  7. g) Scanned papers must be appropriate, meaning that the text on the images must be readable.
  8. h) The subscriber authorises the request by choosing one of the two paperless choices listed below:

1) OTP Authentication – Unique OTPs will be delivered to users’ mobile numbers and email addresses.

2) e-Sign: With Aadhaar, subscribers will e-Sign the request.

UK surpasses India as the world’s sixth-biggest equity market

About National Pension Scheme (NPA):

The National Pension System (NPS) is a voluntary, defined contribution retirement savings plan created to help members make the best choices for their future via methodical saving throughout their working lives. The NPS aims to help persons develop the habit of saving for their retirement. It is an effort to discover a long-term solution to the issue of giving each Indian person a sufficient retirement income.

The National Pension System (NPS) pools individual savings into a pension fund, which is then invested by PFRDA-regulated professional fund managers in accordance with approved investment guidelines in diversified portfolios that include shares, corporate debt obligations, government bonds, and bills. Depending on the profits received on the investments placed, these contributions would increase and accrue over time.

In addition to withdrawing a portion of the accumulated pension wealth as a lump sum, if they so desire, the subscribers may use the accumulated pension wealth under the scheme to buy a life annuity from a PFRDA accredited Life Insurance Company at the time of their retirement from NPS.

Also Read: Hindenburg Report Drags Gautam Adani down from 3rd to 7th position on Forbes’ rich list

NSE Gets Sebi Nod to Set up Social Stock Exchange_70.1

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *