The Central Industrial Security Forces (CISF) – Raising Day (CRD) is observed on March 10 in India every year. In 2021, the nation is celebrating the 52nd Raising Day of CISF. The basic objective of the CISF is Better “protection and security” of industrial undertakings in both government and private sectors in the country.
About the CISF:
- CISF was set up under an Act of the Parliament of India on 10 March 1969, for the better protection and security of industrial undertakings in the country.
- Eventually, it was made an armed force of the Republic of India by another Act of Parliament passed on 15 June 1983.
- CISF is one of six paramilitary forces in India and functions under the Ministry of Home Affairs with its headquarters in New Delhi.
- The CISF has 12 reserve battalions and 8 training institutes.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Director-General of Central Industrial Security Force: Subodh Kumar Jaiswal.