Chennai tops in rate of women Employment
According to a survey by Avtar, a company that specializes in workplace inclusion, Chennai is India’s top city for women’s employment. Pune, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Mumbai are the next best cities for women’s employment.
South Indian states tops in Highest rates of women employment: Avtar Survey
- According to criteria that support an ecosystem that is favourable for women’s employment, the research ranks 111 cities.
- The remaining Top 10 cities for women’s employment are Ahmedabad, Visakhapatnam, Kolkata, Coimbatore, and Madurai; each has a population of over a million people.
- In another group of cities with a population under one million, Tiruchirappalli, Vellore, Erode, Salem, Tirupur, Puducherry, Shimla, Mangalore (officially Mangaluru), Thiruvananthapuram, and Belagavi are the top 10 cities.
- The top five state averages in the nation were achieved by Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, and Himachal Pradesh.
- In addition to index scores, the study took into account actions governments and communities had taken in the previous year to empower women. It looked at important diversity initiatives needed to boost women’s employment rates.
Assessment of Women Employment
The first national effort to provide a data- and evidence-based assessment of the state of women’s inclusion in cities is represented by this report. According to a survey, it is crucial to turn cities into areas that women may freely navigate in order to pursue their professional and financial independence aspirations.
Region wise Indian States in Women Employment
Delhi, Srinagar, and Amritsar are the top three cities in north India. The top three cities in the south are Chennai, Bengaluru, and Hyderabad. Dhanbad, Patna, and Kolkata are the top three cities in the eastern area. Pune, Mumbai, and Ahmedabad take top, second, and third place, respectively, in the western area. The top three spots in the central area are held by Raipur, Indore, and Bhopal.