Chennai Super Kings (CSK) has defeated Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in the finals to win the 2021 Indian Premier League (IPL) title. This was the 14th edition of IPL which is an India-based Cricket league in 20-20 format. This was the 4th win of Chennai Super Kings (CSK) in IPL, having previously won the tournament in 2010, 2011, and 2018.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Here are some important points from exam point of view:
- M.S. Dhoni is the captain of CSK the winning team.
- Eoin Morgan is the captain of the Runner up team i.e Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR). He is from England
- The first half of IPL was played in India, while the second half was played in UAE. The finals were held at Dubai International Stadium.
- Player of the Tournament: Harshal Patel (RCB)
- Highest Run Scorer (Orange Cap): Ruturaj Gaikwad (CSK) (635 runs)
- Highest Wicket Taker (Purple Cap): Harshal Patel (RCB) (32 wickets)
- Mumbai Indians team has won the IPL title highest number of times, i.e 5 times.