Chhattisgarh chief minister Bhupesh Baghel has inaugurated the state’s own Olympics. The aim is to provide a centerstage to the village level sports so that a feeling of pride for the culture is inculcated. Secondly, to channelise the energy of the local youths which is very important for our society, Baghel inaugurated the grand multi-sport event at Balbir Singh Juneja Indoor Stadium in Raipur, claiming to revive the age-old-tradition of traditional games namely ‘langdi’, ‘bhaura’, ‘bati’ (kancha), and ‘pitthul’. The event will continue till January 6, 2023 and as many as 14 types of traditional sports have been included in the team and individual categories of separate age groups.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Chhattisgarh Olympic: Key Points
- The traditional sports competition of Chhattisgarh will be held in group and singles categories. A total 14 types of traditional sports have been included in the Chhattisgarh Olympics 2022-23.
- The games falling under the team category include gilli-danda, pitthul, sankhali, langdi-race, kabaddi, kho-Kho and kancha.
- Similarly, games under the Individual category include billas, fugdi, gedi race, bhaura (Indian spinning top), 100-meters race and long jump.
- The ‘Chhattisgarhiya Olympics’ will be organised at six levels.
- The first is the village level that will be of ‘Rajiv Yuva Mitan Club’. The second is the zonal level in which there will be a club comprising eight Rajiv Yuva Mitan clubs. Similarly, at the development block/urban cluster level, district level, divisional level, and lastly at the state level.
- Besides, there are three age group categories including the first category for participants till the age of 18 years, the second for the participants under 18-40 years of age group, and lastly for participants above 40 years of age.
- The state government also issued a rule book and they have been sent to each district.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chhattisgarh Capital: Raipur;
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister: Bhupesh Baghel;
- Chhattisgarh Governor: Anusuiya Uikey.