China will become the world’s first country to ban all synthetic cannabinoid substances. The ban is likely to come into effect on July 1. The move comes as China tries to curb the manufacturing & trafficking of the drug. The synthetic cannabinoids are highly camouflaged, as some are found in e-cigarette oil, and some are found in cut tobacco made from various flower petals, or plant stems and leaves. In Xinjiang, it has a commonly known nickname of “Natasha.”
About the Synthetic cannabinoids:
- Synthetic cannabinoids are highly camouflaged, as some are found in e-cigarette oil & some are found in cut tobacco made from leaves, flower petals, etc.
- The synthetic cannabinoid has become one of the most-abused new psychoactive substances.
- Cannabinoid substances pose a severe threat to society, where the abuse of such substances gives rise to incidents such as intentional injuries and impaired driving.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- China Capital: Beijing.
- China Currency: Renminbi.
- China President: Xi Jinping.