Tamil Nadu government has launched the Chief Minister (CM) Dashboard monitoring system, “CM Dashboard Tamil Nadu 360” in Chennai. It will enable CM to track all welfare schemes, including the status of their implementation, fund allocation, and the number of beneficiaries along with updates on the storage of water in dams and rainfall patterns.
About the dashboard:
- This dashboard will provide real-time information on all State government departments, storage levels of key reservoirs, rainfall patterns, price mesh, which monitors the price stability over 25 foodgrains/vegetables/fruits, and it will provide projections on possible increases in price, enabling government intervention.
- Apart from this, the first batch of dashboards will also cover current employment trends to indicate the status of the economy, civil supplies, Chief Minister’s Helpline, and status of CM in Your Constituency petitions, health-related information, daily police reports of major crimes in the State with reference to districts that require attention, housing progress for the urban and rural poor and progress of water supply schemes, particularly tap connections to all households.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Tamil Nadu Capital: Chennai;
- Tamil Nadu Chief minister: M. K. Stalin;
- Tamil Nadu Governor: R. N. Ravi.