Transparency International has released the Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) 2021 in which India has been ranked at 85th spot (Score of 40). The ranking has been topped jointly by three countries- Denmark, Finland and New Zealand (Score of 88). This ranking measures how corrupt each country’s public sector is perceived to be. The results are given on a scale of 0 (highly corrupt) to 100 (very clean). 180 countries are ranked in it.
Last year (for 2020) India was ranked 86th with a score of 40. This year’s Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) reveals that corruption levels are at a worldwide standstill. The global average remains unchanged for the tenth year in a row, at just 43 out of 100 points.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2021-22:
- Global Drug Policy Index 2021: 18th
- Climate Change Performance Index 2022: 10th
- 2021 TRACE global Bribery Risk Rankings: 82nd
- World Talent Ranking report 2021: 56th
- Global Health Security Index 2021: 66th
- 5th Truecaller’s Global Spam & Scam Report 2021: 4th
- Hurun’s Global Unicorn Index 2021: 3rd
- “2019 Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRVs) Report: 3rd
- Henley Passport index 2022: 83rd