Dalai Lama’s visit to Leh
It has been four years since Dalai Lama has been to Leh including the Covid-19 times. The pandemic put a halt on the travel and tourism of Leh and Ladakh. Dalai Lama used to visit Leh every year and hold big religious ceremonies in the cold desert. The Buddhist population used to enjoy the rituals and the ceremony peacefully before the pandemic. After four years, Dalai Lama will visit Leh for a month from 15th July this year. However, there may be some disputes from China, as they have earlier objected to the presence of the Dalai Lama in Ladakh.
Dams In India: List Of Highest Dams Found In India
- In 1959, the Chinese were not happy with the remarks of the Dalai Lama questioning their complete annexation of Tibet. Since, then the Dalai Lama has escaped to India, where he continues to advocate for the middle-way approach with China to peacefully resolve the issue of Tibet.
- However, both the Indian and Chinese armies had irregular border issues which often led to fierce attacks. There Dalai Lama only approached the Chinese, so that the Tibetans can have maximum autonomy in the hilly region and continue with their day-to-day activities.
- China has claimed that there is no fully settled area on the Line of Actual Control. India’s support of the Dalai Lama’s remark on China is due to the difference in the perception of the boundary through dialogue and diplomacy.
- Earlier, India objected to and questioned China about occupying the Aksai Chin areas that were gifted by Pakistan. India claimed that it was part of the Ladakh region.
- In the past years, there has been a lot of tension between both India and China over the Line of Actual Control.
- The visit of The Dalai Lama is expected to increase the tension between the two armies again.