The Government of Delhi launched the ‘Shramik Mitra‘ scheme for construction workers. Under the scheme, 800 ‘Shramik Mitras’ will reach out to construction workers, and spread awareness on the government schemes. Delhi Govt has also increased the Dearness allowance for Unskilled, Semi-skilled workers, to increase their salary by around 1%. Shramik Mitras will inform construction workers registered by the Construction Board at the ward level about assistance schemes of the government.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Under the Shramik Mitra scheme:
- The Shramik Mitra scheme is an initiative by the Delhi Government to ensure that the benefits of all government schemes reach construction workers in Delhi. Under the scheme, around 800 Shramik Mitras will go door-to-door of all construction workers in the national capital to make them aware of several government schemes in the interest of the workers.
- , approximately 800 Shramik Mitras will be appointed by the government who will be given training under the programme. These Shramik Mitras will work as District, Ward, and Vidhan Sabha level coordinators.
- The Shramik Mitra scheme will appoint at least 3 to 4 Shramik Mitras across all wards who will reach out to workers registered by the Construction Board at the ward level. The Shramik Mitras will also help workers in applying and availing process of the benefits of these government schemes.
- There are about 6 lakh construction workers in Delhi who have registered themselves with the Construction Board through various registration campuses that were launched by the CM Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Delhi Chief minister: Arvind Kejriwal;
- Delhi Governor: Lt. Governor Anil Baijal.
Find More News Related to Schemes & Committees