The Delhi government presented a Rs 69,000-crore budget themed on ‘patriotism’ or ‘Deshbhakti’ for the financial year 2021-22. The budget was presented by the Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi, Manish Sisodia. While presenting the budget, he announced that the government has decided to celebrate the 75th Independence Day of India. The Delhi government will hold programmes from March 12, 2021, which will last for 75 weeks.
Under the “Deshbhakti Budget”:
- The government has proposed to allocate Rupees 45 crores in order to install high masts so as to hoist the national flag at 500 places in Delhi.
- An outlay of Rs 50 crores made under ‘Aam Aadmi Nishulk COVID Vaccine Yojana. It announced free Covid-19 vaccination to all in its hospitals in the coming phases of the ongoing inoculation drive.
- The budget highlights that the government seeks to increase the per capita income of Delhi in order to reach the level of Singapore by the year 2047.
- The government will also allocate rupees 10 crores for the programmes on Bhagat Singh’s life during the Deshbhakti celebrations.
- This year’s budget accounts for the budget outlay of more than 6.1 per cent than the budget presented for financial 2020-21.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal; Governor of Delhi: Anil Baijal.