According to a home ministry notification released, senior IAS officer Naresh Kumar has been appointed as the chief secretary of Delhi. Kumar, an IAS officer from the 1987 batch of the AGMUT cadre, has been shifted from Arunachal Pradesh to Delhi. Before being transferred, he was the chief secretary of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Following the voluntary retirement of Vijay Dev, IAS (AGMUT:1987), Naresh Kumar IAS (AGMUT:1987) is hereby appointed as chief secretary of GNCTD with effect from April 21, 2022 or from the day of joining, whichever is later.
- Kumar had previously served in Delhi as chairman of the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) and managing director of the Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC).
- Dev, who stepped down as Delhi’s chief secretary after a voluntary retirement, will take over as the state’s election commissioner on April 21.
- Puduchery Chief Secretary Ashwini Kumar (Arunchal Goa Mizoram Union Territories (AGMUT): 1992) was also sent to Delhi, according to the Home Ministry decision.
- Dharmendra (AGMUT 1989), the current NDMC chairman, would be the new Chief Secretary of Arunachal Pradesh, according to the statement.
With the merger of the city’s three municipal corporations into the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD), a key position of special officer has been formed, which requires an experienced officer to lead the civic body’s operations.
- Puduchery Chief Secretary: Shri Ashwini Kumar
- NDMC chairman: Shri Naresh Kumar