Sarbananda Sonowal, Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways, and AYUSH, said that the 1st Incredible India International Cruise Conference-2022 will be hosted in Mumbai.
- The two-day event in Mumbai is being organised by the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, Mumbai Port Authority, and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- The Minister noted during a news conference in Mumbai that the Indian cruise market had the potential to develop tenfold over the next decade, owing to increased demand and disposable incomes.
- According to the minister, Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s flagship Sagarmala programme connects the ports of Chennai, Vizag, and Andaman with Goa, which attracts the most tourists.
- Sarbananda Sonowal also revealed the Conference’s brochure, logo, and mascot, Captain Cruzo. During the press conference, he also launched the event website, www.iiicc2022.in. The focus of the conference will be on Developing India as a Cruise Hub.
Dr. Sanjeev Ranjan, Secretary of the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, Rajiv Jalota, Chairman of the Mumbai Port Authority, and Sanjay Bandopadhyay, Chairman of the Inland Waterways Authority of India, all spoke at the event.
- Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways, and AYUSH: Sarbananda Sonowal
- Secretary of the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways: Dr. Sanjeev Ranjan
- Chairman of the Mumbai Port Authority: Rajiv Jalota
- Chairman of the Inland Waterways Authority of India: Sanjay Bandopadhyay