The Central Government has formed a nine-member panel for the development of an Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC), designed to curb digital monopolies. This ONDC project is initiated by the Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and will be implemented by the Quality Council of India (QCI).
The nine-member committee of ONDC will advise the Government of India on measures needed to digitise the entire value chain, standardise operations, promote inclusion of suppliers, derive efficiencies in logistics and enhance value for consumers, among other things.
Members of the panel include:
- Nandan Nilekani, non-executive Chairman Infosys;
- RS Sharma, CEO of National Health Authority;
- Adil Zainulbhai, Chairman of QCI;
- Anjali Bansal, Founder and Chairperson of Avaana Capital;
- Arvind Gupta, Co-founder and head of Digital India Foundation;
- Dilip Asbe, MD & CEO of National Payments Corporation of India;
- Suresh Sethi, MD and CEO of NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Ltd;
- Praveen Khandelwal, General Secretary of Confederation of All India Traders;
- Kumar Rajagopalan, CEO of the Retailers Association of India.