Union Health and Family Welfare Minister, Dr Harsh Vardhan has launched the Intensified Mission Indradhanush 3.0, (IMI 3.0), to expand immunization coverage across the country. The focus of IMI 3.0 will be on children and pregnant women who missed their vaccine doses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About Intensified Mission Indradhanush 3.0
- The IMI 3.0 will have two rounds, of 15 days each.
- The first round will begin on February 22, 2021, and the second round will begin on March 22, 2021.
- The vaccination drive will be conducted in pre-identified 250 districts and urban areas across 29 States and UTs in the country to reach out to every dropped out and left out the child and pregnant woman.
What is Mission Indradhanush?
- The scheme was launched in 2014 to provide affordable and accessible healthcare to all citizens of the country.
- It aims to immunise all children under the age of 2 years, as well as all pregnant women, against eight vaccine-preventable diseases.
- These diseases are diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, poliomyelitis, tuberculosis, measles, meningitis and Hepatitis B.