NITI Aayog and World Resources Institute (WRI), launched India’s first National Electric Freight Platform- E-FAST India (Electric Freight Accelerator for Sustainable Transport-India). The National Electric Freight Platform brings different stakeholders together with the support of the World Economic Forum, CALSTART, and RMI India.
Key points related to E-FAST India
- The platform aims to raise awareness of freight electrification bolstered by an on-ground demonstration pilot and evidence-based research.
- It will support scalable pilots and inform policies aimed at accelerating freight electrification in India.
- The launch of E-Fast India has witnessed participation from major automobile industries, logistics companies, development banks, and fin-tech companies.
- It will help strengthen the partnership and identify freight solutions and support them.
- The launch of E-Fast India was followed by the launch of WRI India’s Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Evaluator.
- The TCO Evaluator is an intuitive excel-based application, which helps in analyzing cost components and performance parameters.
- The parameters included light, medium, and heavy-duty freight and compared electric variants with their diesel, petrol, and CNG counterparts to identify their impact on TCO per km.