e-Panchayat Mission Mode Project (eGramSwaraj and AuditOnline) of Ministry of Panchayati Raj has won the GOLD AWARD under the category “Excellence in Government Process Re-engineering for Digital Transformation” of the National Awards for e-Governance.
Why this Award:
The award is a recognition of the excellent and exemplary work done by Team eGovernance and supported by Team NIC-MoPR. Various stakeholders, especially Panchayati Raj Institutions which adopted e-Panchayat applications very fast, have helped in making the e-Panchayat Mission Mode Project successful by strengthening the Panchayati Raj System and making it effective, transparent and efficient.
To strengthen e-Governance in Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) across the country, Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR) has launched eGramSwaraj, a user friendly web-based portal. eGramSwaraj aims to bring in better transparency in the decentralised planning, progress reporting and work-based accounting.
National Awards for e-Governance:
To recognize and promote excellence in implementation of e-Governance initiatives, Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DAR&PG), Government of India presents National Awards every year during National conference on e-Governance.
Earlier awards were given in nine categories. The award scheme has been revised and new categories for National Awards are:
- Excellence in Government Process Re-engineering for Digital Transformation.
- Excellence in providing Citizen-centric Delivery.
- Excellence in District level Initiative in e-Governance (i) North-East States + Hilly States (ii) UTs (including Delhi) (iii) Other States.
- Outstanding research on Citizen Centric Services by Academic/Research Institutions.
- Innovative Use of ICT in e-Governance solutions by Startups [Startup as defined by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) Government of India]
- Excellence in Adopting Emerging Technologies.